Our approach to privacy
We aim to create a culture where everyone accessing our Site has a clear understanding of how important privacy is and how to ensure it is respected.
This Policy explains:
- what personal information is collected and recorded about you during your visit to this Site, including via cookies;
- why we collect this information; and
- what we do with this information.
It includes a description of your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. Please read this Policy carefully.
Information we collect as you use our Site
We collect, receive, store and process:
- your name, address and email address when you fill out a form on the Site;
- emails and any correspondence between you and us;
- information about the apps, browsers and devices that you use to access our Site;
- information about the interaction of your apps, browsers, and devices with our Site, including IP address, crash reports, system activity and the date and time that you visited the Site;
- your referral source;
- the length of your visit to the Site;
- the pages you view;
- your website navigation paths; and,
- any information as set out in the 'Cookies and similar technologies' section below.
How we use information we collect
Your personal information will be used by Helios Towers for the following purposes:
- to administer our Site and business;
- to communicate with you about the Site;
- for internal research and analysis so that we can see how our Site is being used and understand how we can improve our Site;
- to deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to us or our Site;
- to keep our Site and systems secure and prevent fraud;
- where relevant, to meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements;
- where relevant, for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our Group Companies, our customers, or others.
Storing your personal information
We will keep your personal information in accordance with our Group data policies. We will try to keep personal information that we hold about you up to date, but if you think that we are holding information which is inaccurate, or you are otherwise unhappy about our use of your personal information, then please contact us.
Sharing your information
We do not share your personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of Helios Towers except in the following cases:
- to third party service providers that perform functions on our behalf in relation to the Site and the purposes set out in this Policy (for example, website hosting and data analysts /website developers);
- for legal reasons;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or other agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, any Group Company, our customers, or others;
- to government authorities, and to other third parties when compelled to do so by government and law enforcement authorities or otherwise as required or permitted by law, including but not limited to in response to court orders and subpoenas. We also disclose user information when we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of our Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. Additionally, we cooperate with law enforcement inquiries and other third parties to enforce laws, intellectual property rights and other rights;
- and to prospective sellers or buyers as part of a sale or merger of our business or assets.
Helios Towers will not sell the personal information that it collects from you.
International data transfers
You understand and acknowledge that by using this Site, we collect and use your personal information in the UK. We transfer personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to our Group Companies and to third parties, including to countries which have different data protection standards to those which apply in the EEA. Our service providers include locations in the EEA and Africa.
Where service providers process your personal information in countries deemed adequate by the European Commission, we rely on the European Commission's decision to protect your personal information. For transfers to Group Companies and service providers outside the EEA, we use standard contractual clauses or rely on a service provider's Privacy Shield certification or a service provider's (EU data protection authority approved) corporate rules that are in place to protect your personal information. You have a right to ask us for a copy of the standard contractual clauses or a copy of the other methods used (by contacting us).
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information as you visit and use the Site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result we cannot warrant the security of any information you provide to us and you do so at your own risk.
Cookies and similar technologies
We use two types of Cookies on our Site.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of our Site. Without these cookies, any services on our Site you wish to access cannot be provided.
- Analytical/performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you and other visitors use our Site, for instance which pages you go to most often, and if you get error messages from web pages. We use data from these cookies to help test designs and to ensure a consistent look and feel is maintained on your visit to the Site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Please note that the Cookies we use are subject to change and that we endeavour to keep our Cookie list up to date.
However, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. Furthermore you can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this Site.
Disable Google Analytics.
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “anonymizeIp” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
- Marketing/targeting cookies: These cookies are used by these third parties to improve the relevancy of advertising campaigns.
- Pixel tags: Also known as a clear GIF or web beacon. These are invisible tags placed on certain pages of our Site but not on your computer. When you access these pages, pixel tags generate a generic notice of that visit. They usually work in conjunction with cookies, registering when a particular device visits a particular page. If you turn off cookies, the pixel tag will simply detect an anonymous website visit.
- Tracking URLs: These are used to determine from which referring website the Site is accessed.
We require your consent for the use of some Cookies. You can give your consent either by closing the cookie banner displayed on the landing page of our Site or by browsing the Site outside the cookie banner and clicking on any of the items on the Site. Please note that we track your consent using a technical Cookie; therefore, in the event you delete any Cookies stored on your devices you will see the Cookie banner once again.
To find out more about Cookies please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org or see www.youronlinechoices.eu which contains further information about behavioural advertising and online privacy. The cookies we use can be found at the 'Cookies in use' section below.
Cookies in use
|Cookie name||Cookie provider||Cookie type||Cookie description||Default expiration time|
|__RequestVerificationToken||.heliostowers.com||Necessary||This is an anti-forgery cookie set by web applications built using ASP.NET MVC technologies. It is designed to stop unauthorised posting of content to a website, known as Cross-Site Request Forgery. It holds no information about the user and is destroyed on closing the browser.||session|
|__Secure-3PSID __Secure-3PAPISID __Secure-1PAPISID __Secure-1PSID||.youtube.com||Advertising||Used by for targeting purposes to build a profile of the website visitor's interests in order to show relevant & personalised Google advertising.||2 years|
|__Secure-3PSIDCC||.youtube.com||Advertising||Used by for targeting purposes to build a profile of the website visitor's interests in order to show relevant & personalised Google advertising.||1 year|
|_ga||.heliostowers.com||Analytics||he _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.||2 years|
|_gid||.heliostowers.com||Analytics||Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.||1 day|
|_utmc||.heliostowers.com||Analytics||ot used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.||session|
|_utmt||.heliostowers.com||Analytics||Used to throttle request rate.||10 min|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||.heliostowers.com||Necessary||Issued by Microsoft's ASP.NET Application, this cookie stores session data during a user's website visit.||session|
|CookieControl||.heliostowers.com||Advertising||Loads the cookie banner. After the expiry date, visitors will be offered the opportunity to change their consent settings.||90 days|
|HSID||.youtube.com||Advertising||Contains encrypted entries of your Google account and the last login time to protect against attacks and data theft from form entries.||2 years|
|LOGIN_INFO||.youtube.com||Advertising||Used by YouTube (Google) for storing user preferences and other unspecified purposes||2 years|
|SAPISID APISID SSID||.youtube.com||Advertising||These cookies are used by Google to display personalized advertisements on Google sites, based on recent searches and previous interactions., SSID, APISID and SAPISID cookies enable Google to collect user information for videos hosted by YouTube.||2 years|
|SID||.youtube.com||Advertising||Google uses security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protect user data from unauthorized parties.||2 years|
|SIDCC||.youtube.com||Advertising||This cookie carries out information about how the end user uses the website and any advertising that the end user may have seen before visiting the said website.||1 year|
|UMB_UCONTEXT, UMB_UCONTEXT_C||Umbraco||Necessary||These are backend specific cookies. They are only seen by site administrators accessing the back end of the website. They are used in maintaining the session state of the logged in user.||session|
|UMB-XSRF-V, UMB-XSRF-TOKEN||Umbraco||Necessary||These cookies are used to prevent cross-site scripting attacks for your safety||session|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||.youtube.com||Advertising||Tries to estimate the users' bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos.||6 months|
|vuid||vimeo.com||Advertising||Vimeo installs this cookie to collect tracking information by setting a unique ID to embed videos to the website.||2 years|
|YSC||.youtube.com||Advertising||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.||session|
Legal basis for processing
We process your personal information with your consent when you agree that we may place Cookies or on other occasions where we ask you for consent, for the purpose which we explain at that time. Where we do process personal information based on consent, your consent is revocable at any time (without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal).
We process your personal information when we are required to do this by law, including in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation or court orders.
We process your personal information when it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are the party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. This applies in any case where we provide or deliver products and services to you pursuant to a contract, such as those related to telecommunications tower construction, tower maintenance and service operations. If you do not provide the personal information that we need in order to provide or deliver the service, we will not be able to provide or deliver services to you.
We also process your personal information when it is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party (when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights).
You may ask us for a copy of your information and, where applicable, to correct it, erase it or to transfer it to other organisations at your request. You also have rights to object to some processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your personal information, to withdraw this consent. Where we process your personal information because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal information.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your personal information. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. You can bring the complaint in your member state of residence, place of work or where an alleged infringement of data protection law occurred.
To protect your privacy and security we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity when dealing with requests.
If you have any queries, comments or requests in relation to your personal information or this Policy, you can contact us.