Helios Towers has a strong platform for profitable growth, with leading positions in high-growth markets. We’re supported by our extensive asset base, a pioneering excellence and innovation programme, deep and long-term client relationships, high barriers to entry and a favourable regulatory environment.
- Market-leading positions in three out of five African markets.
- Early market entry allowing for ownership of attractive sites in prime urban areas.
- Skills in reliable power management and tower planning/deployment.
Africa’s favourable macro environment
- Our five markets are projected to grow by 37 million people, to 266 million by 2023. That’s a 3% annual increase, compared to 0% annual growth across the G7.
- Increasingly urbanised with 26 million people expected to move into cities in our markets by 2023, earning more and consuming more mobile services.
- In our markets, approximately two-thirds of the population is under 30. This is the demographic that consumes the most data, and creates further opportunity for our customers.
High mobile telecoms infrastructure growth
- Mobile penetration in our markets is significantly lower than western economies.
- In our markets, mobile subscriptions are forecast to grow by 48 million, or 6% annually, to 2023.(4)
- Fixed-line availability is extremely low in most of our markets.
Well positioned for long-term growth
EBITDA and EBITDA growth(US$m)
What we look for:
– Emerging market
Embedding business excellence
in operating companies are local employees
Lean Six Sigma training
of employees trained by 2018
Weekly improvement in power service delivery
compared to 2017
Robust business model
% EBITDA in USD/EUR pegged